Friday 17 February 2012

WWHD?


Have you seen the part in the Sex and the City movie where Big tells Carrie that he has bought that ridiculous pent house for them and she screams and runs at him due to undulated joy? Well my friends, I am here to tell you apartment hunting is not like that. I don't think I have ever been so stressed in my entire life....and i've done this whole scenario before but in a different country. I have been reduced to eating dark chocolate (possibly cooking chocolate??) because it reflects the bitter sweet situation I am in....nah it's because it is the only kind we have in the house. Did you know that when you try to find an apartment, you are not only looking for what you like, nor even what your flat-sharer will like, oh no, the entire family is involved. For those of you who don't know me, I am a white female, with a white family, yet during this house hunting situation I am pretty sure my relatives have turned into an Indian family. No no my mother has not started cooking bhajis while my father looks on charming a snake (please note this is a horrible generalisation but continue on with me), it is more like in the scene in 'Bend it Like Beckham' where Jess' entire family are involved in the pre wedding/wedding/post wedding....everything else.....of Jess' sister. I am in a metaphorical room with one cousin shouting 'Go to Brick Lane' and the other shouting 'Don't go to Golders Green - we aren't Jewish and you won't eat Kosher, remember the time you gave up shrimp for a month and started talking to yourself??!!' Then you have the word NEGOTIATE hanging in the air like a bad blintz (see I can be Jewish); which your family now uses more than your name. I will have to injure the next person to even utter it. "Can you negotiate your pay" - it's an internship, i'm not getting paid. "Can you negotiate rent?" - This isn't the dodgy part of Brooklyn where you can pay with ahem, favours. "Can you negotiate a better price on those Louboutin's? I live in Brooklyn you know...." I joke, I joke...All I am saying loved ones is that you must step back and smell the samosa. If I want to live in a seedy bedsit in Croydon I will, no one is asking you to live there....but if you could come round Tuesdays at 9am and flick the vacuum round, well it's much appreciated.

 And now, all the things I cannot afford but will doodle over my Liberty journal anyway...

H
http://www.prada.com/en#!/advertising-
campaign-ss12/woman-print-campaign
Fashion Trend: Hello Heels!! No, I am not copping out on you. What I mean is make your heels the statement piece of your outfit. Designers have gone crazy for the most wonderful shoes this season. I am seriously considering wearing pillowcases as dresses so I can afford a pair of the Prada flame ones. Glitter, feathers, odd shapes, skyscrapers - make sure it counts!! I am not one to shy away from wearing heels, so I LOVE that the higher the better at the moment. If that scares you then get something lower but make sure they scream look at me. If you aren't the best dressed at the party, what's the point in going?


Louis Vuitton £505

http://www.louisvuitton.co.uk/front/#/eng_GB
/Collections/Women/Shoes
Fashion Item: High Tops! Those of you that know me will likely judge me on this, because I have never worn this type of shoe...and it seems a bit odd seeing I just told you to go skyscraper in the bit above.... but I have found THE pair of hightops. They are gold and they are Louis Vuitton. Tell me you don't want them. You are a liar. Imagine them with any of the amazing coloured jeans out at the moment. Sheer shirt, Bayswater bag....oh, stop it babes.




HAUTE HIPPIE - Sequin Skirt

Sequin Skirt £675 Haute Hippie - Harrods

http://www.harrods.com/brand/haute-
hippie/view-all?dept=az
Store or Label: Haute Hippie. This is an American brand which in terms of fashion is incredibly new - 2008 start date. They pretty much do what they say on the tin, mixing high end feel with Bohemian/hippie qualities. Their stuff is gorgeous and everyone from Harrods to Net-A-Porter is trying to get their hands on it. It has a very All Saints feel...but unfortunately at ten times the price. Their pieces are modern takes on classic beauties. They know what makes a woman feel sexy whether it be at coffee with a friend or having cocktails with a beau. I can see them being around for a long time, so start saving ladies - you won't regret it. Oh and they LOVE sequins, so naturally they are our best friends.


Celebrity or Designer: Helena Bonham Carter - she is always my H for anything!! She stands out from the rest and doesn't care what the fashion is. I will never get over her wearing two different coloured Vivienne Westwood shoes to an award ceremony. She is just a doll. When getting dressed think WWHD? What Would Helena Do? She would bin it - and I mean she would wear a bin bag, belt it and call it done. Colour me awe-inspired, she is my queen. Work it girl, crazy is the new black.
Go, pitch up a tent, it sure as heck must be easier.
Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment