Tuesday 14 February 2012

If the world ends...beep me

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! The world is filled with love...and loathing of chocolate and cheap cards depending on how recent and how messy your last break up was... I find it mildly amusing that there are so many ways to tell someone you love them these days that a card isn't really necessary. If you need to get hold of me (to tell me you love me or otherwise) you can call me, text me, BBM me, WhatsApp me, e-mail me, speak to me on Facebook and on Twitter all to be picked up from the comfort of my Blackberry. If you have any bad news to tell me however, please use my pager...because I don't have one. Whatever you do today, be old fashioned and call your loved one. Tell your best friend she is beautiful and you have missed her, hug your Dad, give flowers to you Nan....and IF you have a beau, tell him he is alright as well...remember:

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

- 1 Corinthians 13:4 -

There is your culture for today - and now onto...

E

Sonia Rykiel Fruits Defendus Dress
Available from Shopbop.com
Pixie Geldof
Chilli Print Dolce and
Gabbana Dress
Fashion Trend: Edible designs. Don't be weird, i'm not talking about going to buy creepy candy underwear - even on St. Valentine's it is still unacceptable. Im talking food prints!! You know how I love a good print - well so apparently do the celebs. Pixie Geldof wore the cutest chilli print dress to the Elle Style Awards last night. Fruit has popped in and out as being on trend, but I say if it's good enough to eat it's good enough to wear...watch out Ryan Gosling... If you are too nervous to wear a full on pineapple on your head do not despair!! Jewellery or just one statement piece is as always a winner. A star (fruit) is born!!



Embellished Titaness Dress
All Saints - £140
Fashion Item: Embellished Titaness Dress - All Saints. I had a struggle today whether to make my fashion trend section about edible patterns or embellishment, because both are very seriously nigh. The only thing with embellishment this season though is that more is more; which is why I am craving this dress from All Saints. Look at everything Burberry Prorsum and see what I am talking about. This dress is my sequin seductress, my glittering goddess, my little plastic painted square...well you get it. Go, buy it - Happy Valentine's to you.

Store or Label: Etsy - you knew I was going to write that right? If you haven't visited Etsy yet...are you a glue sniffer? It is the best thing since home-made slice bread - infact there is probably someone on there making that. For those of you unaware, it is an online market place of people selling home-made goods. But fabulous ones. I regularly buy Christmas and birthday presents from here, because you can find anything. Your brother like lights made from Heineken bottles? Your best friend have a penchant for handbags made of recyclable materials? Do you want a picture of your face made from chocolate? Just me then.... Give it a go, see what you can't live without. 

Celebrity or Designer: Eddie Redmayne. Seriously, what am I supposed to say? Hot. He just won best actor last night at the Elle Style Awards - and was dressed to perfection. Slate grey suit with white shirt and purple tie - very Etonesque, but less prudish. He has been around for a little while now, but shot to recent fame with a lead role in 'My Week with Marilyn' starring opposite Michelle Williams, who seems not to be able to say a bad word against him. He is also the current face of Burberry Prorsum. I have to stop writing now and take a cold shower. Not your usual fancy man, but "What's in a name? That which we call a fox, by any other name would be as foxy." Or something along those lines, right Shakespeare?
I love you all. Go out and spread the love. It is after all, all you need!
Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment