Friday 3 February 2012

Every Morning I Wake Up, Before I Put On My Pyjamas...

Morning Bloggers,

It has already been a very stressful morning as there was some kind of kitten fight club outside my window that woke me up in the wee hours. If they were wanting to re-enact a film couldnt they have chosen a quieter choice? Perhaps SATC? As my friend once said, the musical, Cats and the SATC gang are not so different; they are all just old moggies eating breakfast together and bitching because one of the group has gotten older.

Anyway. I was upset at being woken so early because I tend to go to bed quite late. Since blogging, it seems the idea for the next day's blog comes to me, fully formed in bed. The only problem is that this process refuses to start until somewhere around midnight. Last night I was thinking I have blogged about unemployment, fashion, movies and, well, chocolate. This made me think of the part in The Social Network where Eduardo asks Mark if they can put advertisements on The Facebook and Mark replies no because "we don't even know what it is yet". This is how I feel about my blog. Im not sure how far it will take me or if people will like it - although I must say I have had some really great comments from those reading it - but I also dont know what it is yet. It may end up being just fashion, because hopefully one day I will be employed....but at the moment I am enjoying writing my musings to you and I hope you are enjoying reading them!

So I thought I would some days put an upcoming trend that I am obsessed with vs one I am not. So first things first: prints have been MASSIVE  for a long time now and everyone from designer to highstreet have jumped on the bandwagon. Birds, fish, tribal and polka dots have all been big and will be going into S/S 12, but the best one I have seen so far is the collection by Prada - dresses, shirts, skirts all in pastel colours with gorgeous car motifs. I. DIE. (http://www.prada.com/en#!/advertising-campaign-ss12/woman-print-campaign) I am especially loving...although still building up my bravery...to try mixing different prints. You have to be VERY careful when you do this otherwise you will end up looking like a cracked out Barbie. Leighton Meester is the QUEEN of mixing prints, so look to her for inspiration.

And the faux pas? The Pyjama Suit. Now, dont get me wrong I am not stifling creativity here. I just think this has gone a bit far. Us normal women - not a size 0, not 5'10" will look like we are late for a meeting and therefore thought clothes were less important than punctuality. Obviously never true...kidding. Probably. The girl in the link next to this statement however looks like we all wish we did when we got up in the morning. I dont think we need another reminder that we look less Heidi Klum and more The Gruffalo when the alarm goes off. http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/spring-summer-2012/ready-to-wear/stella-mccartney/full-length-photos/page/2#/image/20 (for all of you that want to look at this ready-to-sleep-wear). I am in no way saying that Stella McCartney is not the best thing since Alli, im just saying that sometimes even I think things need to be reeled in a little...

Anyway gang, as always it has been a pleasure. My tip today is to email companies even if you dont think they have any vacancies as I did this and have been told to send my CV to one of them. Good luck and happy hunting!

Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment