Friday 24 February 2012

I Got Them Moves like a silver clad Georgia May Jagger!!

Hello!!

I have spent the day with many little people - not dwarves, actual children. I am not going overboard with this whole Snow White obsession I am going through...don't worry. Those of you who have children of your own, or nieces, nephews, friends with kids etc will have at one point or another realised how lucrative the kids fashion industry is. My niece has more than a handful of pairs of shoes and she is just over a month old. Although I would like to say she is a medical miracle and can walk at such a young age, this is not the case. Instead she is dressed in the cutest 'Sunday Dresses' (the only thing I can think to describe them as) with matching leather cut out ballet flats. Now she looks just gorgeous in them, but they were at least £30 and she will neither walk in them nor in 18 years time call out to her Mum and ask where they are when she is packing her stuff up to go to uni. So what is the point of all this finery? It is because our kids/nieces/nephews etc are an extension of us. People will judge us on what they are wearing. The problem is however, that I see this as a legitimate excuse to spend horrific amounts of money on clothing for my niece and will also do so for any children I have. I bought my niece a pair of Nike Baby Air Force Ones and Converse Baby Hightops - which by the way really aren't that much cheaper than adult ones.... She will be fly, I will be poor. Alas, I currently have no kids of my own, so until then I will have to spoil my niece and continue bringing you advice. And so, on to...

M

Marc Jacobs A/W12
Fashion Trend: Metallics and monochrome - these are the new non colours to be wearing. If you go bright in the day, make sure you go silver, gold or monochrome in the evening. Everyone had an abundance of these looks on the runway - I have told you about Gucci's gold extravaganza before. Georgia May Jagger is in head to toe silver on the front of March's Haper's Bazaar....so you know shit just got real. We have all moved on from a full on cleavage showing sequin dress a la Beyonce at Glasto, so if you are going for silver or gold...or even gunmetal as I have told you before...look for unique pieces - jackets, skirts, tops etc. If you are nervous just get a bag, shoes or layer on the gunmetal necklaces. Monochrome works for everyone and we all have black and white pieces in our wardrobes, so get working on that. With it being such an easy trend, try and make yourself stand out by wearing a crisp white shirt under a black evening dress like Marc Jacobs did for his A/W collection. Marc has got it in the bag - do what he does and make the LBD into the LmonochromeD or the LmetallicD - it's just fabulous dahhhhling. [Photo from http://www.littleblackdress.co.uk/trend-style/show-report-marc-jacobs-aw12/]

PRE SS12 Sleeveless Maxi Dress
Sleeveless Maxi Dress
Henry Holland £120
Fashion Item: Maxi Dress - Henry Holland. I will NEVER allow maxi dresses to go out of style if I can help it. I am in love with them. I feel like a princess when wearing one and even though all of my body is covered I usually never feel sexier than when I am in a maxi. They are indispensable during festival season as they cover up an unwashed body - they are also a wedding staple. I on the other hand like to throw a denim jacket over them and go out shopping. However you wear yours, please make sure you have an arsenal of them in your wardrobe this summer because bare legs are so passe....well for me they are anyway and who else are you going to take fashion advice from heh? I am a Henry Holland fan because he doesn't take fashion too seriously, which is the point isn't it? So naturally I am gunning for this sleeveless bone emblem maxi. Not a bad price either... Also...it is sheer, YAAAAAAAAAAAY!! http://shop.houseofholland.co.uk/collections/ready-to-wear/products/pre-ss12-sleeveless-maxi-dress#!gallery

Necklace Marni at H&M
£34.99 
Trousers Marni at H&M
£59.99
Store or Label: Marni for H&M - It is that time of year again...when the designers reach down and pat us little people on the head by creating a capsule collection for a highstreet store. H&M is the daddy of these collaborations with Stella Mccartney, Karl Lagerfeld and Versace being among those to have created designs for them in the past. I am sure Marni will be just as great - especially because Sophia Coppola photographed and created a small film about the collection. Tantalizing trousers, daring dresses and adorable accessories are what is on the menu. Metallic separates, leather tops, detachable jewelled collars and plastic necklaces are all on my wishlist - what is on yours? (http://www.hm.com/gb/marni?cm_mmc=Newsletter-_-20120223-_-GB-_-marni#collection/ladies/1 - all images and collection from here). It is available online and from select stores from 8th March - get your fashion sneakers on girls and get ready to run to your nearest stocking store...
Leather jumper Marni at H&M
£79.99



Mary Kantrantzou A/W12
Celebrity or Designer: Mary Kantrantzou - you all knew I was going to do it!! Especially because I did not write mix prints as my fashion trend - but I REALLY wanted to. I thought instead I would roll it all into one. Mary K is the QUEEN of mixed prints. Not only does she do it by wearing different printed separates, she also mixes prints within one item of clothing - it blows my mind. The entire fashion world is literally raving since her LFW showing at the beginning of the week. She not only has the mixed print trend completely under wraps, she also is a gold medallist when it comes to shapes, different materials and general uniqueness. She has done a collection for Topshop which has naturally sold out online - but you can still purchase pieces in NYC and Vegas from March - TAXIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! If you still haven't checked her out, do so now....or be left behind in a one colour, shapeless dress. http://www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/designers_catwalk.aspx?designerid=939&seasonid=27

Right, it is Friday, do you not have a LmetallicD to be wearing?
PS - Congratulations to one of my closest friends Alex Barnard on her great internship offer today!! This lady is going to be the next Rachel Zoe so watch out for her! Get it girl!
Becky xx




No comments:

Post a Comment