Tuesday 21 February 2012

Pancake Day - Nuff Said

Happy Pancake Day!!

So the Brits is on tonight - I hope you are all as excited as me!! I am going to watch the fashion very closely and then report back to you tomorrow!! I know you all can't wait. Let us pray that Jessie J has decided more is more when it comes to the amount of clothing she wears....

Talking of fashion... I went to T.K.Maxx today with a friend because I have heard that if you dig you can often find a good piece or two...and seeing as I am having a lack of money coming in, a good bargain is what I need. Mostly the stuff is from people I have never heard of. If you want shoes, bags or sportswear, it's not too bad. We went for a look through the knitwear and what did I find??? A SEE BY CHLOE dress for £70!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alas my heart broke when I realised I would be hung drawn and quartered by my father if he found it....and he would. Apparently I get a look on my face when I buy something new - a look that says "everything is going to be alright". And seeing as I have been a stresshead lately I am sure he would know. So for now I must continue wishing I had said dress and be devestated that I don't. Way to be good with money Dad.

In WONDERFUL news though....I have found an apartment for the first month of my placement!!!!!!!  It is very kind of the people who have offered it up. So thank you, if you are reading!!! Now I have a place I will have to start thinking about other things such as food and wardrobe. Naturally I will be spending any spare money on clothes...I mean think of all the weight I will lose if I don't eat for three months - enough to look cute in the new clothes. "You bet your size 6 ass - Heh!! Size 4" will become my new mantra. Ohh 'The Devil Wears Prada' you always know what is right...except the cerulean belt thing. There were tons in T.K.Maxx.

Yay we move onto ...

K
BCBGMAXAZRIA S/S12
$598

Fashion Trend: Knife pleats - and pleats in general (what, there is a ton of things to write for P and I have to fit them all in somewhere!) Seriously though pleats have been gracing the catwalk. Very feminine, very chic, very old lady with a chunky cardi if you wear them wrong. Everyone from Roberto Cavalli to Burberry was showing them off. Luckily pleats can also be found on every shop floor on the high street - and perhaps even in your mother's wardrobe, so have a nose. Some of my favourite's have to be the ones from BCBGMazAzria, which are pleats in chiffon!!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT IS TO DO?!! Stop it babes, give me all of your collection. Can be found in dresses and skirts everywhere, so there is no excuse. Worn free flowing or tight to the body they will perk up even the dullest of office wear, party attire or even day to day coffee grabbing. Meet me at your favourite restaurant and bring your own knife...pleated dress. http://www.bcbg.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12617562&cp=2901570.3936812&clickid=cat_leftnav_txt&parentPage=family

DecalGirl Kindle Skin
Amazon.co.uk £17.99
Fashion Item: Kindle Case!! Now I am not condoning these because I LOVE the smell of a book. I love the feeling you get when you turn the page and I especially love being able to read the last line on the last page and ruining everything...what, we all knew what would happen at the end of HP anyway, don't look at me like that. BUT - a few people have made the point that you can carry round more that just one book in a Kindle, it is easier to hold and you can read it in bed without the light on. SO - if you are going to get one, you may as well look stylish. I almost bought this one from Amazon, just because it's cute. I can carry it back to front and pretend I have a Kindle - just don't show me up and ask me what I'm reading. http://www.amazon.co.uk/DecalGirl-Kindle-Skin-Doodle-Color/dp/B005Z446RY/ref=bt_atcg_mine_img_2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1ZANM02JAVCQ11W9Q1W5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=278742947&pf_rd_i=426479031

Store or Designer Mary Katrantzou - I am hoping you will let me off because her last name starts with the letter we are on today. I HAD to make her my designer because she showcased her A/W 12 collection at 9am this morning in London Fashion Week - breath-taking. Her S/S collection is filled with so many colours and print combinations you begin to think she has made one of those creepy eye puzzles. The structuring in her A/W collection makes me want to keel over and die because all my clothes are straight up, straight down. She is the new queen of prints and mixes them not with two pieces but all in one piece. I haven't thought something so wild and yet so feminine since Alexander McQueen himself was still head of his house. I really think she has one of my favourite, if not my favourite collections shown this Fashion Week. Every colour, every style, every pattern, every shape seems to be covered - she isn't just on trend, she is trend. http://www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/MaryKatrantzou

Celebrity: Karlie Kloss - the 'it' model of the moment. She has already been in Oscar de le Renta, Elie Saab and Dior Beauty S/S campaigns and that is only for this year....She is 19 and we all hate her - hate as in 'why am I not her, my parents obviously hate me'. She trained as a ballerina meaning she is graceful and has the body that most of us could only get on a 60 a day, no food diet. She has been ranked #3 out of the top 50 models; not too shabby for such a young age. She isn't a stranger to London or New York Fashion Weeks, so keep an eye out for her. She was in a Topshop video, at the beginning of the week, to highlight their 10 years of helping new designers into the industry - and can be seen in a Mary Katrantzou mini dress. Not that I told you Mary was where it's at or anything.

Now, all run, start watching the Brits and I will bring you a BRIT of fashion news tomorrow - haha!
Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment