Friday 10 February 2012

USP? ABC!!!

Hello Friends,

For those of you that have already read this post you might realise it is slightly different to the last time you looked it over....that is because I managed to delete it.... So this wonderful blog is a newer version of the original!!

The first and most important thing that I told you all was that my blog may look a little different from now on, as I am no longer unemployed!!!! That is right friends, the interview that I was at on Thursday has offered me a position! The company is a PR/branding company called Yellowdoor. It is owned by the red haired power bob herself - Ms Mary Portas. I am BEYOND excited. Starting in March finishing... who knows. Perhaps three months, perhaps never if I can sneak into the showroom and hide amongst the Acne jeans!!

Anyway I attribute some of my new success and the above job offer to blogging. Due to my new found love of this art I have been checking out other blogs. The things people write about are often awe-inspiring and sometimes a little creepy. I saw blogs where girls let their boyfriends choose their outfits, blogs where women wear man-repelling but fabulous clothes and even blogs where people write what (and unfortunately who) they want to do before they die. Enlightening to say the least. So I decided I wanted to do the same sort of thing with my blog. Make it into a 'something'. So, to start out small, for the next 26 days I will be doing an alphabet of fabulous things. Fashion trends, fashion item, store or label I am loving and celebrity or designer in the news. So without further ado, I begin with...

A

Fashion Trends: Aquatics - Now before you all rush out and buy yourselves a tail and start calling your best friend Sebastian, I am talking about prints, shimmer and sharktooth necklaces! Everyone from Chanel through to Giorgio Armani sent fishy fun down the S/S12 runway and it is beautiful to say the least. Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel showed sheer dresses with koi carp swimming amongst small circular scales - sounds odd, but once seen is beautiful. For those who are willing to go all the way, get a piece with fish, sea horses or shells on it, for those who are less keen, fishy jewellery and bright coloured pieces with shimmer also work. It brings a whole new meaning to the game 'Go Fish'.


Jonathan Saunders
Avery Printed Silk Satin Dress
Jonathan Saunders
Fashion Item: Avery Printed Silk Satin Dress by Jonathan Saunders. I know I keep mentioning him, but he really is going to be a big deal. He just won the BFC/Vogue Fashion Fund and will be even bigger than he is now. So if you can afford the £1000+ for this dress on Net-A-Porter, where he has a great collection brewing, buy it now because his stuff will only get more 'spensy... (http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/182397)

Store or Label: Anthropologie. If like me you love Urban Outfitters because it looks like a sleepover on crack, you will be obsessed with Anthro. It is where adults who still love Poptarts would shop...im sure. They sell everything from the most beautiful dresses through to the most insane aprons - it really makes me wish I could do more than just dial for pizza. Oh well. In America they send you a cute birthday candle necklace on your big day and you get money off in store. Money and a gift?! And there are no big red lips in sight. (http://www.anthropologie.eu/)

Celebrity or Designer: Adele. I know this is so two days ago, but everyone is talking about Karl Lagerfeld calling Adele fat. What people are less quick to post is that he said she has 'a beautiful face and a divine voice'. This is the point, if Adele lost weight she may not sound the same and I am too obsessed with her for that to change. A lot of people are up in arms about this, but the truth is she is a little bigger than the average superstar. It was perhaps a little mean that KL used the word fat but we all know he would skin his mother and wear her as a coat if he thought it would shock. So Adele keep singing songs about heart break and Karl, keep making dresses that break my heart!

Now, go out and enjoy the weekend!
Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment