Saturday 18 February 2012

We all scream for....a badly furnished apartment in ghetto central

Afternoon,

In good news I am even more stressed than yesterday about the apartment hunt in London. It seems if you call them they will grill you about every penny you have and then still wont offer you a viewing anytime this Millenia. No, it's fine, I would love to move in at the beginning of April...2013. I am going to have to make some serious life choices this weekend - I am going to need to buy more Poptarts.

I must apologise to those of you that read my blog yesterday and saw a rather large (but fabulous Haute Hippie) skirt covering half my title. I have no idea how it got there, but after my mother had text me saying "it's time to lift your skirt love" I thought I must remove it or be subjected to other cringey jokes. So even though I removed my skirt yesterday, I was still unable to find an apartment in even the most crappy areas of London - obviously 'Diary of a London Call Girl' is not so true to life after all.

The highlight of my day was watching "Steps - The Reunion" with my bestie Becky (we have the same name, the same road, the same teeth....). It was all well and good when you wanted to be Claire - who turned out to be the Yoko to H's John Lennon - and how much we all loved H - whose real name is Ian and is as straight as a Pete Doherty's walk in front of a policeman after a night out; but what happens now they are trying to reunite 10 years on? The programme was a 4 parter that originally aired in August 2011 about why the band split. It turns out they hated each other. 10 years on my bfffff and I couldn't believe how hurt we were that Lee and H weren't actually the 'bros' to Lisa, Faye and Claire's 'ho's'. Devestated. I think the real victim of the last 10 years is....PVC. No band since has managed to make PVC so integral to their everyday wardrobe. We all remember the little squeaky blue numbers of 'Deeper Shade of Blue' and those long red coats for .... well I have no idea, but we all remember. The sale of talcum powder must have rapidly declined now that we have no reason to wear a yellow PVC jump suit...and that was just for the boys. Oh well, if we can't wear that, we will listen to 'It's The Way You Make Me Feel' and feast over these beauties...

I


Mulberry S/S 12 Campaign
http://www.mulberry.com/#/thisseason/thecampaign/
Fashion Trend: Ice cream colours! Delish to say the least. Louis Vuitton and Mulnberry have both gone as far as to add ice cream props into their new collections. Take a look at any of the scrummy LV adverts in Vogue/Harper's and see that in the fashion world food is rarely for eating. A good many designers showcased pastels in a bid to transform models into 60s beauties - but there is not a twinset and pearls in sight. Think high heels in mint, housewife dresses in Pepto pink and shapely suits in sherbert lemon. This trend is so perfect for those of us trying to save for an apartment...because you literally just have to colour block with pastels!! So grab your pair of lemon denims, throw on a peach shirt and grab a Nobbly Bobbly - it's going to be a HOT summer!!
Ingrid Dots Print Dress
Ingrid Dot Print Dress £520
http://www.viviennewestwood.co.uk/shop/w
omenswear/dresses/ingrid-dots-print-dress-13219/

Fashion Item: Ingrid Dots Print Dress - Vivienne Westwood. If you know me you know I LOVE polka dots. I would paint them on my face if I could. I just think they are feminine and dainty...like me!! Ok, we are too far into our friendship for me to start telling porkies, but I do LOVE this dress. It is classic and the shape is so flattering. The muted colours could definitely fit into the ice cream trend as well. This dress is so worth giving up real dessert for...




SCARLETT
Scarlett $180
http://ivankatrumpfootwear.com/index
.php/collections/weekend/scarlett.html
Store or Label: Ivanka Trump Footwear http://ivankatrumpfootwear.com/index.php/profile/news. I suppose as with every celebrity turned designer it depends what you think of the person. I have always had a strange fascination with her. She has a HUGE range of shoes on her website and they are very reasonably priced - no more than a pair of Kurt Geigers for sure. She has something for every occasion from wedding to weekend. It is worth a look at least - you deserve a bit of me time after all that dessert you've given up.

Celebrity or Designer: Isabel Marant - French chic really can't come in any other box. She has something to suit everyone because so many trends are covered. Pleats, fashionable sportswear, boy chic, prints, denim; you want it, she has it. If you are feeling a certain je ne sais quoi, she will surely sais quoi it is you want. She isn't afraid to use colour, she isn't afraid to mix prints and there was a host of unusual fabric in her S/S collection. Tres bien.

All this typing has made me hungry. Anyone for pancakes? Extra ice cream.
Becky xx

2 comments:

  1. ravelers Harbor is the perfect piazza to regain lofty attribute, low cost joint construction, equipped apartments and long-term rentals in Florida Keys. We reach supreme improvement for companies or individuals wanting to bracing for periods of 30 life or statesman. Our nonrecreational team can encounter the perfect concept for your needs with richness and it won't outgo the connection.
    florida keys apartments

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel pleasure to read the content that you are posting.
    Izdavanje apartmana u Banji Vrujci

    ReplyDelete