Thursday 23 February 2012

Not everything that sparkles is....a gypsy wedding dress

Hola,

Last night was a rather dull night for television - what with the Brits still being so fresh in my mind - usual tele just didn't do it for me. ALAS!!! I had completely forgotten to watch this week's Big Fat Gypsy Wedding!!!! YAAAAAAY!! After the just BEAUTIFUL pineapple and palm tree combo last week I knew I couldn't miss this week's offering. I was not disappointed either. HELLO FAIRY LIGHTS. Is there anything classier than a bustier with a tiny ballerina skirt that lights up? No. Vera Wang I reckon you have a few years til I get married yet, so that gives you the opportunity to get on this bound to be fast moving trend and make me something. I tell you if I had to wear that down the aisle...well I would be looking for the next gypsy horse race to tie myself to. If...and I mean IF you are not so keen on being dressed like a meringue on crack, then please feel free to peruse my other choices. I on the other hand will be going to work out how to thread a Happy Christmas light up sign to my new Topshop dress.

L...

Zara SS12 Black Feather Top
Zara Feather Top
erdem
Erdem Lace Trousers
£730
Fashion Trend: Light as a feather, lace and leather!! - Feather skirts!!! Lace shorts!! Leather dresses!! I am a big fan of wearing something really feminine with something quite harsh and manly - luckily feathers, lace and leather are in for S/S and A/W so wear them together!! I think there is nothing sexier than mixing genres like that. Because this is a trend everyone can get hold of ALL the highstreet stores are jumping the bandwagon too!! Zara has a cute feather top which could easily be worn with tight leather trousers or a cute lace skirt or shorts. Wear this Zara top (http://www.look.co.uk/pictures/zaras-ss12-fashion-collection-see-all-the-pics/zara-ss12-black-feather-top#./zara-ss12-black-feather-top?&_suid=133000624984308626141155653852) with these Erdem lace trousers (http://www.matchesfashion.com/fcp/product/Matches-Fashion//erdem-ERD-C-6031LN-trousers-NAVY/55021?qxjkl=tsid:30065|cat:etT1jgERWYw)!!! If you are feeling a little more rocker, screw the feminine stuff and just go straight to the Henry Holland Leather Dress (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2103199/London-Fashion-Week-2012-Pixie-Geldof-Alexa-Chung-girly-catch-House-Holland-show.html). Work it.
A dress in red leather was accessorised with leather cap and gloves
Henry Holland Red Leather Dress with matching Cap and Gloves
Leather Frame Hobo
Leather Frame Hobo
$495
violet
Le Cirque Dress $348 -
Pleated, purple and with
concealed front zip. I. Die. 
Fashion Item: Leather Frame Hobo and Le Cirque Dress: Nanette Lepore - If you are ever unsure of where I am, there are usually three places to look: the local zoo, watching Les Mis in London or at home on the Nanette Lepore website. A good friend of mine introduced me to this designer when we were shopping together in Vegas - Nanette is so Blair Waldorf it sometimes hurts me. She does perfectly preppy dresses, luscious leather bags and sexy swimwear. I am currently stuck between which of these I want as my L - so instead I will put them both on here and you can wear them together (both items and pics from nanettelepore.com)!!

London Scarf
London Scarf L'Avion
Approx £102
Store or Label: L'avion.com.au - I just stumbled across this a little while ago and have become pretty obsessed with it. It is an Australian company (dont worry they deliver internationally) that sell the cutest scarves, hand bags and cosmetic bags for really rather reasonable prices - silk scarves aren't cheap girls. A silk scarf is a good investment - they wont ever go out of fashion, they will just be bigger in some seasons than others. If you treat it well, it will last for a lifetime - my grandmother gave me one that is 80 years old and looks great. I am especially loving the cute London collection scarf http://lavion.com.au/shop/item/wsc001. It must be nearly your birthday - you should probably ask for one...

Celebrity or Designer: Lily Collins - Rooney Mara and Felicity Jones need to keep an eye out because there is soon to be a new 'it' girl in town. Actress Lily Collins - best known for her role in The Blind Side - is now starring in an up and coming - eagrely awaited - adaptation of Snow White: 'Mirror Mirror' (out March 16th). With a cast boasting the likes of Julia Roberts and Kristen Stewart, I know I am not going to be the only person noticing Lily. She has already caused a stir in the fashion world, making headlines about her classic, beautiful style of dress. She is Chanel's dream girl and has been spotted wearing some of their most stunning creations. Watch out for this girl because soon we will all be carrying an apple round to look like her. Mirror, mirror on the wall, is Lily Collins more a Alexander McQueen or Mary Kantrantzou girl?

Now, I am going out to enjoy this glorious day - and I think you should do the same!!
Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment