Sunday 12 February 2012

C is for Cherish

Good Evening,

Sorry this is quite a late post but we had a power cut...This lead to a hugely amusing conversation about what super powers my Dad and I would have if we could. I naturally chose strength in a cool Buffy The Vampire Slayer kind of way, my Dad chose teleporting - the rest of the evening was spent with him making a weird teleporting noise followed by us trying to guess the end of XMen which is what we had been watching before the power went off. We have both seen it many a time, but I still guessed "doesnt she come back as a robot" and my Dad said "isnt she a pheonix or something" - both incorrect. Obviously we have no clue what is happening. For those of you that know us, well, thats not too strange.

The big news for today - at 48 Whitney Houston has died. So very sad. I have been listening to 'One Moment In Time' on repeat for hours. She wont have anymore moments. Remember that life is short. You come with nothing, you die with nothing, so just love everyone in between. R.I.P Whitney, you were a great talent who just had too much money, too many bad people in your life and not enough support.

Anyway, I will continue what I have started and bring you...

C
CARRIN WEDGE BOOTIES WITH BUCKLE - Betsey Johnson
Betsey Johnson Carrin Wedge
Booties with Buckle
Fashion Trend: Chunky footwear - that's right ladies you can pretty much wear wooden blocks on your feet (i've actually seen a few pieces not far off this) and know you're fancy. The daintier the dress, the bigger the shoes. No more 'boy has to be taller than the girl' thing - we want to know if it's raining first. Naturally Topshop is a great place to go to pick up a pair of reasonably priced clunkers, but if you are feeling a little more generous then look at Betsey Johnson who has a couple of really great pairs. Some are a little out-there but i'm rather obsessed with the ones in the picture - and at £150 think they are pretty reasonable. Also - will last through a good few seasons. I think you should buy them...and then lend them to me. You are a size 5 right?
Bottega Veneta
Bottega Veneta Silver Shell
Cuff - Net-A-Porter
(http://www.betseyjohnson.com/family/index.jsp?view=all&categoryId=4304700)
Fashion Item: Cuffs - not what they used to be heh? To me cuffs bring up images of scary bikers and people I generally don't think I should be getting involved with. But now, I would don a helmet and call myself Scary Mama if it meant I could get my hands on this. It is a little 'spensy at £2,180...well ok, it's more like 3 months wages, but isn't she the most beautiful thing ever?!! AND...it has shells on it - ummm can someone say 'Aquatics' post three days ago? Buy her, wear her and then use her as a fancy cup holder until shells come back in. Don't say I never help you out... (http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/176468)

Store or Label: Chloe - i'm afraid there really wasnt any other choice for me here. I dont have goals like normal people; I plan in objects. People say 'I want a good job', which is obviously true for me, but I want a good job so I can buy pretty things! My list/goals is/are things such as: Chloe bag, Missoni dress, Burberry trench, Louboutin power heels....you know, the essentials! So as I have wanted a Chloe for as long as I can remember, they have to be my label for the letter C. Go onto Net-A-Porter, look at all the Chloe day bags in tan and realise that like me, you also will dream of saying 'I Do' to Chloe and not to Steve.

Celebrity or Designer: Clemence Poesy. Everyone's new 'it' girl. She is the French 'girl next door'. Unbelievably beautiful, hugely talented and in demand by about every person on the universe at the moment. She has been in a run of incredibly successful films and television programs, starring as Fleur Delacour in a number of the Harry Potter films, Chuck's French girlfriend in Gossip Girl and now a lead in the new TV drama Birdsong. Is there nothing this girl can't do? Apparently not, because besides for making the mega bucks, she is constantly highlighted for her dress sense - classic French beauty. Besides acting, she also sings and quelle surprise is a model. She rocks classic, clean lines, likes muted colours - mainly in black or slate - and is ALWAYS seen in the front row. Whether she is in jeans or a Chanel couture piece, you will be willing to give Gossip Girl any piece of gossip (whether true or not) you have to get close to this beauty.

So grab your chunky heels, pull on a cuff, pick up your clutch and go dance with somebody - it's what Whitney would have wanted.
Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment