Monday 26 March 2012

London? It's Not All Louis Vuitton and Little Mix.

Hello =)

I am writing to you asking that we all try a little harder to be kind to one another and just be good people. Last week in London, two people jumped under trains, I witnessed two people get arrested - one a homeless woman - I saw a man selling a popular magazine that helps the homeless, steal a mobile phone from a girl WHILST asking her to buy a copy and other acts of general disregard such as not stopping to help someone, not standing up on the tube for someone who needs to sit and even the most unnecessary crimes such as littering. I am someone who takes things like this to heart and it literally devastated me that two people jumped under trains last week because they obviously felt they had no other choice. To feel that low, alone, unhappy is the worst thing I can imagine. So tomorrow, I want you all to tell someone you love them, look people in the eye on your way to work and give them a smile, offer your seat up to someones grandma, someones pregnant wife, someones little sister and just try to make their day better. It doesn't cost anything to be nice, but most of the time it gives a HUGE reward.

For those of you who wondered what I did over the weekend - I had a wonderful time with friends exploring London, walking from place to place, taking in the sites. London is the most beautiful place when the sun shines; everything comes alive. It has got to be one of the only places that you can see a sex shop, a duck hanging in a window and a high class car dealership all within a five minute walk of one another. The best part about London though....and I know you wont be surprised when I say this....is the fashion. I have never felt so free to wear what I want without being judged and yet at the same time I have never felt like I have been judged so much for what I wear. In London if someone looks you up and down on the tube, they are usually saying "I have taken time out of my busy LDN day to look at your outfit". In other words, you either make them jealous because you look tres chic or you make them think you got dressed in the dark after doing three rounds of Speed. In London I feel more liberated to wear literally ANYTHING than I have ever felt anywhere else. I can wear a maxi skirt and feel sexy not frumpy, wear a sheer shirt with just a bra and feel sophisticated, not slutty and I can hold my head up high when I am dressed all in black, for I am a PR GIRL!! Yet at the same time, I know people look at my clothes and try to decipher me from them. Is she wearing a maxi skirt because she doesn't like her legs? Doesn't she know sheer shirts have been replaced with just sheer sleeves? All black, who does she think she is, a PR girl? Uhummm. There is a fine line between creativity and catastrophe, between tres chic and tres shi....well you get where I am going with that. I have ashamedly become one of those people who looks and judges though. I saw a woman in her 70s dressed like Coco Chanel the other day and I stared at her my whole tube home; to be that beautiful when I am her age is a dream. Milky skin contrasted with a black tweed suit with cream piping. Pristine court shoes that matched a cream bag. Gold studs in each ear which delicately balance with the perfect chignon in her hair. All in all a woman who most likely shed a tear when Primark came on the scene and doesn't understand what it means to not match your lipstick with your nails. Beauty personified. Then there is the girl opposite her - going for ballet chic but instead looks like a cracked out fairy...too much pink, too many sequins, too much tulle....

Today I wore a slate grey billowing maxi skirt with a blue/grey lace top and silver shoes. A masterpiece to some? The most boring to others. I changed but one item to go to the shops after work - from maxi to jeans - and it became a lacklustre outfit. Something one would forget in an instant. I had many nice comments about the outfit today though - showing an outfit has to be perfect in all aspects to work. Try a skirt instead of jeans tomorrow, or a blouse instead of a t-shirt and watch the comments fly in....if they are mean, don't say I didn't warn you.

PS - Saw Shrek the Musical on Saturday night - was fantastic. Go see it!!

Y

Fashion Trend: Yellow - Everything from the brightest of the bright through to the palest lemon. Yellow is the way forward. It is a colour that blonde's often find hard to wear, but with the range of yellows out there at the moment, try a few and one will fit. If you are nervous and don't want clothes in such a bright hue, grab a bag, some cute wedges or even some jewellery and make like the sun and shine!
Limited Collection Chiffon Spotted Padded Bra
Bra £16 Knickers £7.50 from www.marksandspencer.com
Limited Collection Chiffon Spot Set 
Marc Jacobs
Marc Jacobs £610 (skirt)
Available from http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/192343
Simple Saddle Shoulder Bag
£22 Saddlebag from Accessorize
http://www.accessorize.com/en/restofworld/simple-saddle-shoulder-bag/invt/18935731/
Atelier Swarovski by Juan Carlos Obando, Roxbury Ring, Shining Yellow
Swarovski Yellow Ring £99
http://www.swarovski.com/

Fashion Item: You're The One Jacket - Nanette Lepore. It's just so Jackie O meets Princess Diana. I love the colour, I love the peplum (both so on trend) and I love fitted jacekets. Pair with jeans for a smart day look, team with a pencil skirt for work or throw over a gorge LBD for dinner with the one you love....it's always a good day when you are wearing Nanette!!

You're The One Jacket
You're The One Jacket $448
http://www.nanettelepore.com/new-arrivals/you-re-the-one-jacket.html

Store/Label: Y-3 www.y-3store.com - You will love this stuff if you were into the sport luxe trend. It is all heeled sneakers, fancy rain coats and tennis style dresses. No-one would refuse you service at a restaurant if you turned up in any of these pieces though. In love with this Poplin Blouse which has the cut out detail which is so on trend and these luxury sport heeled sneakers.
Poplin Blouse £245
http://www.y-3store.com/item/store/Y-3/tskay/6C0705DF/rr/1/cod10/34246355DB/gender/woman/agerange/
Adult/areaid//sts/
Sukita £310

Celebrity or Designer: Yves Saint Laurent - They have designed a REVERSIBLE tote!! It is the most fabulous thing ever....it is tan on one side for those cheeky shopping trips in the day...but what's that, you don't have time to go home and change your bag before dinner??!! Never mind, this reverses and the other side is bronze!!! STOP. BEING. SO. FABULOUS. I must have one....oh wait, it's £1,320 on Net-A-Porter. I must continue to want one. This my friend, is why designers are my fav thing .... two bags for really the same price as one of their bags. Got to love 'em. Yves Saint Laurent Neo Reversible Bag £1,320 - http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/174900

Yves Saint Laurent Yves Saint Laurent
Good Night everyone, remember to spread happiness tomorrow!
Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment