Friday 2 March 2012

"I know you can be overwhelmed and you can be underwhelmed...but can you ever just be whelmed? I think you can in Europe?"

Hello friends! Do you remember me?? I was that girl who blogged many moons ago....oh wait, no it was two days ago that my last post was published....well how has so much happened??!!!! I must of course apologise to those of you who have checked my blog in the last two days to see if I have posted something new.... I haven't. The problem is I seem to have 19,000 things to do before the London move on Sunday and only 4 days to do them in - blogging has had to be put on the back burner. But, here I am, your ready and willing, if not dog tired (all the better to go with my houndstooth leggings....bazinga!) blogging servant. Oh and PS - I am not JUST whelmed, whatever the rest of Europe is saying....

What have I been doing in the past two days you ask? A host of things from seeing the fam to deciding upon my first week's wardrobe. I have gone with (sorry the pics are pretty underwhelming, but you get the general idea - it all looks better on!):


Outfit One Shoelace Belt
Outfit One Boy Belt
Outfit One: Orange H&M dress worn with black Marc Jacobs blazer, with River Island boy belt, lots of gold jewellery, black tights and (still to be found) snakeskin wedges. As you can see the dress already has a shoelace belt which I am planning to either wear as a headband OR tie round my wrist and add a brooch to make a weird bracelet.

Outfit Two: Safari style cream button down shirt dress from New Look with cream, green and pink H&M blazer. Possible brown skinny belt or above mentioned one. Lots of gold jewellery - no clue on shoes... This is the one outfit that really does not photo well - it looks super cute on, but I do think a statement/colourful necklace/shoe/bag/belt needs to be incorporated.

Outfit Two (Needs Colour?)
Outfit Three
Outfit Three: Blue and white sheer shirt with gold buttons from Primark tucked into blue and white horse motif - with orange belt - skirt from H&M. Gold jewellery (you can see a tiny bit of a Mr T theme here...) and PERHAPS orange heels - Im not sure if that is too matchy matchy...

Outfit Four






Outfit Four: Coral sheer shirt from Primark with my large houndstooth printed leggings from H&M. Shoes for this outfit are tricky - maybe just black granddad shoes with tassel?? They need to be simple due to the trouser madness....


Outfit Five

Outfit Five: Black and cream polka dot dress from Primark with cream lace jacket from Heartbreaker (store in America) - Nanette Lepore grey bag?

What do we think of these choices? As you can see shoes and jewellery haven't really been considered yet. So now you can see 1/10th of what I have been doing in the last two days - creating a blue, white, cream and orange capsule collection! What I haven't been doing is continuing my alphabet!! So I carry on with the letter that has haunted me since I began....




Q (What I can get out of it....)

Fashion Item: Quilted Bags. We have all LUSTED over the Chanel quilted bags - if you are shaking your head now you are lying to yourself.... So I thought I would put quilted bags here and then show you the real thing versus a few cheaper options. These bags are perfect to style up 'jeans and a tee worn with blazer to coffee' look and also have on more than one occasion been worn with evening outfits to show your classy lady side. So without further interruption...
Chanel Classic Quilted Bag
Between £300 (for a thimble sized one) and .......your mortgage??
Photo from DailyMail.co.uk archives

The Lulu Guinness version is still expensive BUT you are getting a large bag for the price of the small Chanel - she does it in a range of colours and to be honest it looks very similar. I love Lulu G for her crazy bags but these classic ones are also beautiful; you remember Lulu G is known for good craftmanship and not just a bag that looks like a pillar box. Pauls Boutique does one in their style - very large bag for the money you are paying and has the added PB quirks. The Topshop one is fashion forward - animal print and satin as opposed to leather. It is small, but cheap enough that you can buy more than one style quilted bag... Both Topshop ones from http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogNavigationSearchResultCmd?catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&langId=-1&viewAllFlag=false&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208548&parent_categoryId=204484&beginIndex=1&pageSize=20#catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&langId=-1&viewAllFlag=false&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208548&parent_categoryId=204484&beginIndex=1&pageSize=200
Mink Quilted Lips Large Leather Annabelle
Lulu Guinness Mink Quilted Lips Lrg Leather
£325

Pauls Boutique Quilted Padlock Bag
£66
Available at Topshop


Satin Quilted Cross Body Bag
Satin Cross Body Quilted Bag
£28
Topshop

Store or Label: Mary Quant - for most people this brings up the image of the first mini dresses and bob cuts in the 60s....and to be honest not a lot in her collection has changed. And that my friends is why I love it!! She has tons of bright colours, sixties throwbacks and cute minis, so if you are feeling free spirited look no further than her 2012 collection. You have to mail order anything you want from her London store, but I think it is worth it! She is not one to shy away from colour or print, so take a look if you are feeling like you want to be noticed this summer! http://www.maryquant.co.uk/

Due to Q being horrific I am not going to bore you with stupid things like "QUALITY" as my trend because we all know we have that Primark dress from 2007 that is falling apart but that we refuse to give away because we love it. Yes, buy quality if you can afford it and on the otherside of things make sure if you are paying a large sum of money that you are getting good quality. Remember though that fast fashion cannot be bought at a low price and be that well made - it is a sad fact but true. Just check for scuffs, threads, holes, runs, things coming off and general shoddy workmanship and then avoid these products. Buy what makes you happy and be happy with what you buy. And that my friends, is all I have to say on the letter Q........

Peace xx


No comments:

Post a Comment