Thursday 22 March 2012

XOXO Gloucester Girl.....See what I did there!!!

Hello Beautiful Bloggers!!

I have a favour to ask you - follow me on www.blogloving.com and that way every time I write a new blog you will be notified. There is a button on the left hand side of my blog that says bloglovin - just press it and it will show you the way....

Sorry I never write, phone, send flowers, I have been so very busy...what a corker of an excuse heh!! I love the fact that if I go a few days without blogging more than one person says to me "are you not blogging anymore then" as though it is the crime of the century. I'm sure Colonel Sanders - who comes up on Google before Colonel Gaddafi; what can I say, we like our chicken in our wraps not in our dictators - wasn't judged every time he ate something besides wings (fictional character or not). So I should not be judged when I decide sleeping is more important than blogging - no, you are right, I am a big failure and I apologise. I MUST keep blogging to be fresh and in the forefront of all your busy minds, for as Coco Chanel said "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"...and keep blogging. Alas, I must confess I have put this blog off for it is the dreaded X (see witty heading...) and you and I both know I will cheat my way through this like a 5 year old playing a board game. Once I have finished this A-Z, in just 3 blogs time (including this one, i'm not bad with numbers as well as a cheat) I will need to move onto some other topic - preferably fashion based - so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know them through my Twitter @BeckyAdelay.

I have heard a few of you enjoy this section, so here are some more weird things seen on the tube:
- Man so very drunk that he fell asleep in between every stop and therefore had to check the wall for the stops each time he woke up - it was at 8pm this evening and he was wearing a suit....
- One teenage guy rapping as his two friends looked on and made that "hahaaaaaaa" noise
- Guy carrying a sausage dog - SO CUTE!!!!!
- Woman having a FULL ON domestic with partner using words that your grandmother would happily see drowned in a sack with any song that isn't by Barry Manilow
- Fashion Attacks - girl in what she hoped was street chic, but unfortunately looked like the 60s and Austin Reed had had a love-child and said child had thrown up on her. Woman in ALL purple (did I not get the memo about dressing like Violet from Charlie and The Chocolate Factory.... I mean post blueberry incident obvi). Man wearing enough denim to make even Pat Sharpe wet himself. More rouge on a woman's cheeks than would be allowed in even Shagaluf. Dog hoodie....as in a dog in a hoodie, not a man dressed like Lassie.

Now I have put it off long enough, so here it is....cut me some slack people.

X

Fashion Trend: eXpose yourself. Now WAIT!!! I have no interest in you running up to me dressed in a way that even girls at Aintree would find a little OTT (or not being dressed as it were). I am talking about the gorge things in the shops at the moment that show skin in a way it isn't usually shown. For example: cut outs showing slices of skin, maxi skirts where part of the skirt is sheer, a slit in a skirt (BACK AWAY ANGELINA) or just a sheer arm on an opaque blouse. Spring has definitely descended upon us in the last week, but it is still not warm enough to get our legs or arms out. Instead use this trend to get those pins that you have been working hard at a gym on with that whole 1 time that you went the day after NYE ... and keep warm at the same time!

ASYMMETRIC FINE PLEATED SKIRT
Zara Pleated Skirt £29.99
http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/uk/en/zara-S2012/189504/704540/ASYMMETRIC%2BFINE%2BPLEATED%2BSKIRT
MESH TWO LAYER SKIRT
Warehouse Black Mesh Maxi £28
http://www.warehouse.co.uk/mesh-two-layer-skirt/Skirts/warehouse/fcp-product/308296
Little Butterfly Cutout Shirt
Topshop Cut Out Shirt (Back view, so cute!) £32
http://www.topshop.com
Fashion Item: eXtreme jewellery. Now I am basically doing this because I recently found out that everyone's secret favourite store, Irregular Choice (it's the store that business women look at and think I wish I could think up a reason to wear a pair of shoes from here) sell other things beside shoes. For those of you hermits who haven't heard of it, they sell the most exquisite and delicious shoes that unless you are in fashion or have a foot fetish, would never be able to explain. For example see this lovely shoe, aptly named, Mayhem. They do some normal-ish shoes, but why buy those when you can have something with flames, wings or kitties on it?? That is not the point of this story though. They do even wilder jewellery. I LOVE when people look at my jewellery; it shows you have real style if someone compliments you for it, because a shop window can put together an outfit for you, but you have to choose the necklace. IC has everything from burger earrings (great for the 50s Americana trend at the moment), through to sparkly skull rings. Whatever it is, if you are too nervous to wear something crazy in the body of your outfit, put it on your finger and rock it like Beyonce. Here are a couple of my favs from the website (all from http://www.irregularchoice.com/shop/womens/view_all/)
Mayhem
Mayhem - Irregular Choice £89
With Sprinkles
With Sprinkles £4.99
Neptune
Neptune £45 (whimsical take on Claddagh ring)

Glug Glug
Glug Glug £39 (Great for Aquatic Trend)

Store or Label: 'eXit Through The Gift Shop'. I am using this Banksy phrase as a way to say, shop the unusual!!! Banksy takes art and twists, manipulates and basically spray paints over it to make it individual and beautiful. This is the message I am sending to you, be different! Shop at markets, charity shops, trunk shows, swap with friends and make your own clothes. In a world where fashion is ever changing, be your own guru and make a splash. You can pick up the most outrageous bargains at street markets and charity stores, so look there first then customise to your heart's content. Fashion isn't about wearing what every girl in the magazine is wearing, it is about feeling beautiful and being confident.... just don't spray paint a train tunnel on your Nana's wall. She might say she likes Banksy, but it is only because she thought you said Bassey....as in Shirley.

Celebrity or Designer: Xena Warrior Princess. I can hear you laughing, but you think of all the other people with a name that begins with X!!! Now I am not expecting you to go round with a short blonde girl that may or may not be your girlfriend, I mean channel Xena by wearing loads of leather!! It is all over the A/W12 catwalks. This time though leather is in different styles than just the jacket. Wear it in the form of a liquid leather dress, have a chunk of your shift made of leather or rock a leather top. Leather leggings can be worn this A/W again, so luckily that wasn't a waste of £90.... Just be careful with that weird outfit you wore that time you thought you looked like Halle Berry in Catwomen, but were more Ross in friends. Baby powder at the ready, small friend on hand and just time left to go out and beat up some ale drinking swine. Ahhh Xena, you are our hero.

Night love bugs!
Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment