Tuesday 6 March 2012

Nigella please may I borrow a cup of organic sexy sugar?

Bonjour!

It has been a lifetime or longer since we last spoke - or I spoke and you listened. But here I am, returned to your arms...or eyes... ever ready to bring you what I see as the most important information available - mostly about me. I have a legitimate excuse for not writing for a few days - I have been busier than Santa at Christmas due to the HUGE move to London!! I moved into a beautiful place on Sunday - I say moved, I actually mean borrowed for a month, but that doesn't sound very romantic. I want you to conjure up images of me cycling down a London Notting Hill style highstreet in the sunshine wearing a 50s housewife floral dress, toting fresh bread and a newspaper in my basket....not me lugging more suitcases than an Easyjet air stewardess does when the passengers revolt due to the fact that they were expecting to go to Ibiza but have been dropped in Aberdeen because thats what you get when you use a cut price airline... Anyway, the first leg of my 3 month adventure seems to be a success!! I really like the place i'm staying....which has nothing to do with the fact Colin Firth lives four streets from me, Nigella lives one and I am living under a FOXY Olympic gold rower. No, I haven't crawled under his bed, I merely mean he is in the flat above me. If you hear drilling it is not me trying to create a peep hole. No, I like it here because the people are fancy and the tube is two minutes away. Also, for my Minnesota friends, the place I am living reminds me of Grand Ave - it is filled with boutiques, cute restaurants and quirky stores. I would love to live here in the future, but the people down the road from me (not Nigella or the Firths) have a red convertible Ferrari as their runaround car....so I think my pockets are going to need to get a LOT deeper - we are talking all the way to my wannabe Jimmy Choos. OR I need to find myself a rich dude - please please do not inundate me with requests, I am unable to reply with everything else going on. Just turn up and propose. Talking of proposals, what happened to the way the builders in London used to talk to you? It used to be all rough and ready "alriiiiiiight luv, looking for a real man?", now an actual London builder today said to me "excuse me but you are absolutely stunning" - umm sir if I wanted false niceties I would join e-Harmony, as it is I would quite like the satisfaction of the entire road hearing you would give your wife up for me, so please go back to being the terrifying lout I expect.

This weekend I am fully prepared to go out and see the local sights (and builders) whilst also catching up with the most wonderful of the people I have previously lost to this wonderful city. Also the internship is going well, thank you for asking. All I can say is that I am in the settling in stage and there is A LOT of soup consumed in the office. And with that cream of tomato tip off, we move onto the highly anticipated...

R

Fashion Trend: Retro America - For some reason stars, stripes and flaming Grease-like heels stormed the runway this season and we kind of love it! I will save you my usual Prada pictures because you have seen the above mentioned heels and the car motif outfits a million times somewhere in my blog, but they are the essence of what the trend is. Remember what Sandy and her friends were wearing on 'ohhh those summmmaaaah niiiiiihhhiiiiiigggghhttttssss'? well add a modern twist and join in. Don't wear as much gel as Danny though, i'm pretty sure that is illegal in most countries. Instead just wear tiny denim shorts with printed boob bands, rocker tees or red leather jackets. Wear fashion sneakers with printed dresses and novelty belts. Wear cute sweaters with star spangled tops! Just get crazy and wave at Uncle Sam while you are doing it. Soul Cal at Republic knows where it is at and understands our bank balance!! All images and items from http://www.republic.co.uk/women/kids-in-america/?q_pageSize=12&viewAll1=true&q_pageNum=1&viewAll1=true
Soul Cal Deluxe Stars & Stripes HotpantsSoul Cal Deluxe Stars & Stripes LeggingsSoul Cal Deluxe Flag Bandeau TopSoul Cal Deluxe Stars & Stripes T-Shirt

Fashion Item: Raincoat - Cath Kidston. April is speedily approaching and this will bring even more showers than have already been ruining our hair. So it is time to purchase a raincoat! Gone are the days when your mother used to send you in a plain black one because that is all school regulations would allow. Now we are adults and we love prints!! Cath Kidston is the queen of the print, so we look to her for guidance - and she does not fail us. Not only can we buy our raincoat from there, but we remember most of her stuff is waterproof - YAAAAAAAY! We shop til we are poor, but dry. Bliss. Here are my two online favs and at £35 they are a bargain. Both from http://www.cathkidston.co.uk/c-90-jackets.aspx
Spot Raincoat
£35
Victoria Rose Raincoat
£35

Store or Label: Rachel Zoe - as per usual I am cheating and not really going by the guidelines I set, but whatevs. Rachel Zoe, for those of you lovely people who have never heard of her before, is the American Gok Wan and Trinny/Susannah rolled into one tiny bodied, huge sunglass wearing, celebrity eating, fashion monster. She is THE stylist to be dressed by for ANY event. She knows which designers are in this season and which will be lining the shelves at Nordstrom Rack before the runways have been polished and the models have eaten their 'six weeks til showtime' apple. If she tells you to wear it, you wear it. If she hates it and you are wearing it, you are automatically stricken from every fashion event from here to the opening of even the smallest boutique in NYC. If she likes it, her catch phrase "I. Die" is the only thing you need to hear to know you will have zero stock left on net-a-porter. Do what I do, which is hate her for being a big know-it-all queen of fabulousness with a size -2 body and a never a strand out of place hair-do and then cus you can't beat her - join her. The Zoe Report is a daily e-mail sent to you with the must have item in fashion that she has picked out for the day. She does fashion, beauty and accessory e-mails so sign up for all of them. Some days it is high street stuff, some days even Kate Middleton would have trouble finding enough pennies to buy the stuff. Sign up, it's free and you wont regret it! This way I am giving you the opportunity to shop hundreds of stores and not just one beginning with R!!  I. Die!!! http://www.thezoereport.com/

Celebrity or Designer: "Romeo, Romeo wherefore art thou Romeo?" Depending at your age and knowledge base you will either be giving me intellectual credit for reciting Shakespeare or you will be giving me street cred for knowing one of the members of So Solid Crew - of which I believe there is only 1/100th left. I am in fact on this occasion referring to the well-known romantic of Shakespearian times - and YES we are allowing him to be a celebrity for this section. Because designer giants Topshop have made a faux pas that would cause even the most uneducated to blush.... for they brought out a t-shirt with the above quote on it, cited the genius who wrote it, but alas....spelt his name wrong. The t-shirt went on sale and shoppers were the ones who pointed out the mistakes. Heads will no doubt roll even though they have cut the 'Shakespere' off the t-shirt and now sell it as a short tee. Alas poor Sir Green, we knew him well.
Topshop t-shirt
http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/892306-topshop-mocked-for-misspelling-shakespeare-on-new-t-shirt

Night!
Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment