Wednesday 4 April 2012

And So The End Is Nigh....Zzzzzzzzzzz

Hello Friends and Readers.... I say that as though there is any of you left after I have not spoken to you in a week. I will let you know it is only because I have been involved in 12 hour work days and lots of other crazy things. For those of you wondering, I am loving London and I am loving my internship!

You may look at my title and shed a tear, for you know (after what should have been 26 days but was most likely a month and a half....) that the alphabet I have been doing will officially come to an end after this post =( BUT!!! I will be carrying on with my blog - they may have to be shorter posts, but I will try to post at least 4 times a week with interesting things such as: splurge vs. steal, get the look, interesting things I have seen in the fashion/interior design world, what I am wearing that day if it is particularly fabulous and just general things I want to report to you guys. I am also thinking of investing in a camera or taking more photos on my BB so that I can post fun pics. Hope you will all enjoy it! I may decide to do another ABC next season, but who knows where life will take me...

Interesting things coming up: Easter - the time where too few reflect on the Christian meaning of Easter; I am not particularly religious myself but I am sad when the meaning of things such as Christmas and Easter change to trying to get your warm little hands on as many presents as possible for the first and trying to get diabetes from the latter. I mean I am not afraid of a little chocolate myself and when my grandmother once told me that cocoa beans would run out and we would be left without chocolate in the world, I started a mourning period more severe than that which even Queen Victoria herself held for her late and beloved husband. So, whilst you are getting so hyped on chocolate that you start to think you can hear music and do that weird dance from the Inbetweeners movie, remember also that holidays such as this are a time to be with loved ones! Also....4 days of work, booyahhhh!! As I write this, my lovely room-mate who has offered me refuge for my next month of internship (from Chiswick to Brixton - I feel like Pretty Woman, but in reverse and with more clothes on...I get cold) is feeding me all manner of chocolate goodies whilst she makes Easter cakes for work tomorrow. I will never learn.

My birthday/the Queen's birthday - now for those of you who don't know my birthday and the Queen's REAL birthday fall on the very same day....and yet I am still waiting for my gun salute. In fact just a single party popper would be nice. It is my first birthday in this country in FOUR YEARS and so I am very excited to slip on a frothy party dress, pour my poor feet into the highest heels they can manage and wear enough rouge to make a party goer in Ibiza blush (I am guessing anyway, I mean they are too rouged to tell). I will then meet my other equally velvet lapelled, liquid silked, hair curled, haze of hairspray, shiny lipped, sparkly heeled, heaving bosomed, ID clutching little rascal of a friendship group for some, almost certainly unable to publish here, crazy times. I will no doubt be forgotten off the Queen's party list, but then she will undoubtedly be forgotten off mine. Harry is welcome, as always.

SUMMER!!!! - The best part of the year! Flip flops will become our best friends and our worst enemies....blisters are more unwelcome than Russel Brand in KP's house....and yet still more funny. Sunglasses will hide our tired little beer garden hungover eyes - those people who think they are awesome will wear Ray Ban Aviators or Wayfarers....those who are really cool will wear Oliver Peoples or a pair from Tesco. I myself LOVE Ray Ban's but wouldn't buy a mainstream pair - sheep shouldn't wear sunglasses. Bright colours, fruity cocktails and sun sun sun....well we can dream heh, I would pick yourself up a good brolly just in case.

DUH DUH DUUUUUUUUUH Z!!!!!!

Fashion Trend: Ze power of ze French.... now that my friends is the best thing I have ever written. I feel like seeing as this is my last post I want to leave you with an important message: if all else fails, dress like the French. Parisian women especially believe in tailoring to within an inch of their lives. They believe in chignons, berets, the perfect breton style dress or top, eating small portions consisting of fish and salad to keep so angular you would bruise if you bumped into them and they most of all believe in perfection. French women always take pride in what they wear - no loose hairs, no chipped nails, no lumps and bumps due to an ill fitting piece. Haute Couture is out of most of our price ranges, but the perfect fitting pair of black trousers isnt, the figure hugging LBD isnt, the way Chanel No. 5 hits the man behind you on the tube when you step off isnt...and well if you can't afford real pearls yet, there are some great fakes. What I am trying to say, is feel confident and beautiful in what you wear by taking time to think about it. Being into fashion isnt shallow, it just shows you care about your appearance. PS - for all you wondering I am thinking more Audrey Tatou and Marion Cotillard than Christina Aguilera in Lady Marmalade...

Audrey Tatou http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/people/stylewatch/gallery/0,,20304268_20671549,00.html
Marion Cotillard http://theclothingmenu.com/2010/02/jadore-these-french-fashion-icons/

Fashion Item: Everything from Zara...ever. If you read a little further you will see Zara is not my 
Store/Label and that is because it was too predictable. But, it cannot be left out. So what I thought I could do is share some great pieces with you....seriously, what else would I do with Z. For those of you who haven't been, Zara is an upmarket Mango/H&M with a HUGE range at mid level prices. Here are my current favs all available from www.zara.com

FLORAL PRINT DRESS
Floral Print Dress £49.99 - How Mary Katrantzou is this??!! I NEED IT!
PRINTED TROUSERS WITH CONTRASTING WAIST
Printed Trousers with Contrast Waist £39.99 
T-SHIRT WITH FLARED WAIST
T-Shirt with Flared Waist £19.99
SUEDE GRADUATED COLOUR CLUTCH
Suede Graduated Coloured Clutch £69.99
HIGH HEEL SANDAL
High Heel Sandal £49.99


Store or Label: Zadig & Voltaire - I have been waiting and waiting for Z so I could put Z&V as I am SO IN LOVE with them. The designs are like Winter Kate and Alexander McQueen had a love child - so floaty and so skulls on crack at the same time. I want everything, I can afford nothing. Not as terribly priced as many of the other designers, but still over £200 for t-shirts, sooooo... Here are the new things in this week that I am now going to pretend people will give me for my birthday. Do you think I can ask my great aunt to knit me a t-shirt with a skull instead of a tea cosy?!!! All items from http://www.zadig-et-voltaire.com/eu/uk/what-s-new-1/this-week.html

TOPTANK JOSS BIS CP
Cashmere Skull Tank £205
Double Ring Gaia Repossi for Z&V £475
(Also available in a cuff for £1,240 - £1,430)




Suede Clutch £220

Designer or Celebrity: Zooey Deschanel - My absolute style crush. You have to have something special to channel that sort of innocent, teacher from the 50s look. All I expect her to do is cycle on a bike with a basket whilst wearing floral 50s housewife dresses. #sochic. Sorry channeling P'Trique... For those of you who haven't been watching New Girl on channel four, you are obviously crazy...it is HILARIOUS and she wears the cutest stuff ever. Think sheer blouses with bright polka dot shorts and crazy printed tees with pastel jeans. Seeing her in something slutty would be as traumatizing as being reminded that your parents were once your age or finding out that delish strawberry creamy thing from Starbucks is infact your entire day's calories. Taking style advice from this little button therefore is not a bad idea. She looks French, she wears her hair slightly waved or in a messy chignon and has bright red vampy lipstick. Also, she is one of those rare funny and beautiful women who is obviously smart to boot. She tweets and she blogs at Hello Giggles - check her out....in all ways!!!!

Night dahhhhlings, sleep well!
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment