Sunday 15 July 2012

Magic Mike - Like Pretty Woman but not fancy enough for a piano scene

So, look at me posting two days in a row!! How fancy. Well perhaps not so fancy when you hear what I just did. That's right girls (and possibly some guys) I just went to see Magic Mike. If you are the only hot blooded female on the planet who has not yet heard about this movie...well, are you in for a treat!! Have you ever wished Channing Tatum would just get his kit off already? Are you, like me, a die hard True Blood fan and want more than anything for Alcide and Sookie to get it on so you can see him in the buff? Or are you just curious to see if the rumour that Matthew Mcconaughey doesn't shower for months at a time is true? Whatever your twisted little fantasy, it is played out for you in all its big screen glory. And girls you will not be disappointed....at the bodies at least. The story as we all guessed it would be, is pretty mediocre. I wont ruin it for you, but a lot of stuff seems to just go unanswered, which always really annoys me. However, the main point of this is that I don't really like cheese, but would do pretty much anything to grate the stuff off of those guys abs. Holy 8 pack.

Anyway, this post is not just about my secret lustings over the large upper bodied males of this world - although at one point I did whisper to my friend that I wholeheartedly understood why some men were gay - but is instead my subtle way of pointing out how to dress like a hooker without being one. No kids, I have not started buying everything from those creepy stores in London that have most of the window covered and that you can smell the shame from when you walk past them. What I am actually suggesting is that perhaps these little non-vampire night-time lovers have lent us a thing or two...namely studs, leather and peek-a-boo panels. Read on and all shall be revealed ... literally.

Studding:

Republic have got this down... dresses, tops, shoes, bags. All studded to perfection. Pick them up for a fabulous price as well...so you don't need to work very hard to get them. Basically, you can (luckily) stick to the day job. Dress - Miso @ Republic (£15 in the sale!!), Sweater - Crafted @ Republic (£30) and Bag - Crafted @ Republic (£20).


 Leather and Latex:

Cher has never been afraid of a little leather, Stella McCartney loves the fake stuff and Katy Perry has firmly brought latex out of the bedroom, so what are you waiting for? Grab your thigh high boots, don a leather American Letterman style bomber over your LBD and head out to the work. Oh so slippery chic.

For those of you who can afford such things, Atsuko Kudo is officially my new obsession. How can latex be made to look like lace? I don't care, but I want it. Look at the blog if you don't believe me that everyone worth knowing is as obsessed as I am ... http://www.atsukokudo.com/blog/
This dress is currently at the V&A Ballgowns exhibition - if you haven't already been...why???

Peek-A-Boo, I See You:
My mother always used to laugh at me because when I was younger I used to shout "I can see her underwear" whenever I watched a ballet... Luckily I have grown up and now show my own underwear in sheer blouses and lace dresses. Dress - Zara (£29.99 in the sale!), T-Shirt - Zara (£25.99)

Animal Print:
Too much of it and you look like Cat from Eastenders. The purrfect (see what I did there!) amount and you will have Magic Mike himself pawing at your kitten heels (seriously how am I so funny).

This is the most fabulous thing I have ever seen. Yes it is Nanette Lepore. Yes it is coloured animal print. Yes it is called the Firefly dress. Yes I want it. Dress - Nanette Lepore ($348)

violet multi
So happy hunting street walkers. Remember you can class anything up with Richard Gere on your arm. And if we haven't learnt that from Pretty Woman, we have learnt nothing at all.

Night!
Becky xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment